TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
- After 3 hours, remove the bandage gently and wash with warm water and mild soap. DO NOT REBANDAGE.
- Apply a thin layer of Aquaphor, A&D Ointment, or the like 3 times a day for the next 3 days. After 3 days, use an unscented hand lotion like Lubriderm or Curel, until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
- Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until tattoo is healed, at least 7-10 days.
- Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo
is healing. Showers are fine.
- DO NOT RUB or PICK the treated area while it is healing. Loss of color and/or
infection could occur.
- Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can
be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SP25.
- Your tattoo should heal in 2 weeks. Consult a physician and file a report with the
Environmental Health Office where the tattoo establishment is permitted if any signs or symptoms develop such as redness at site, green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
- Do not listen to your friends about the healing process of tattoos!
Should you have any problems or questions call me at 772-323-6886